Brandon McWherter, Partner
A skilled Mississippi insurance dispute attorney that protects the rights of policyholders
When it comes to insurance law, Brandon McWherter has your back. He has represented hundreds of clients in Tennessee and Mississippi who faced real losses after insurance companies refused to do what’s right. Whether you own, lease or rent your residential or commercial property, Brandon McWherter understands what a delay can cost you – both in terms of costs and in peace of mind. He is a fierce negotiator, trial attorney and advocate for home and business owners in Mississippi, who just want to get back to their work and their lives.
Significant recoveries for clients throughout the region
Just since 2013, Brandon has helped policyholders recover more than $25 million in losses and damages. He’s taken on most of the Big Name insurance companies at some point or another, and has racked up an enviable record of verdicts, awards and settlements. He maintains an AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell and a Super Lawyers designation, and has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Lawyers in America for Insurance Law.
Brandon McWherter helped found The Gilbert Firm with the goal of fighting on behalf of people who needed help. His work in Tennessee and Mississippi has led other firms in other states to seek his assistance in critical insurance law matters.
Hard work and dedication starts at home
Brandon McWherter understand what hard work means, and the importance of protecting what you built. He credits this to growing up on a West Tennessee farm, where he learned the value of his efforts and of his belongings. He also learned the value of balancing hard work and time spent with friends and family. Just because his dedication hasn’t paid off on the golf course (his chipping game is just terrible) doesn’t mean it won’t eventually, and he certainly won’t give up now. When he’s not fighting on behalf of his clients, you might find him bass fishing, or spending time with his wife and two daughters.
- JD, University of Memphis, 2001
- B.S.B.A., Union University, 1998
- United States District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Southern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Numerous pro hac vice admissions in other States
- Best Lawyers in America, Insurance Law, S. News & World Report
- AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubble
- Super Lawyers — Insurance Disputes