About Gilbert McWherter Scott Bobbitt PLC
Mississippi’s defenders of insureds’ rights
For decades, Gilbert McWherter Scott Bobbitt PLC has been a trusted advocate for businesses and private citizens grappling with insurance disputes. Our attorneys use their legal acumen, experience, and extensive resources to recover the compensation that rightly belongs to our clients. We work diligently to meet the needs of our clients. Ranked in the 2017 list of “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers, the Gilbert Firm is a premier insurance law firm serving the needs of Mississippi policyholders.
Brandon McWherter, the head of the Firm’s insurance team, is licensed in Mississippi and would be glad to review your claim and assist you in determining your legal rights.
Notable insurance dispute verdicts and settlements
The Gilbert Firm has earned an impressive reputation for success inside and outside of the courtroom. With our years of experience, our insurance dispute attorneys have earned millions in verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients. Here is a small sampling of some of our results:
- $3.9+ Million – Industrial Facility v. AXIS Surplus Ins. (2014). The Firm represented a West TN business owner after a fire loss, and after a lengthy battle obtained a total settlement of more than $3.9 million for loss of business income and extra expense.
- $3.3+ Million – Alexander Properties Group v. Commonwealth Ins. Co. (2013). After a four-day arbitration trial involving a windstorm loss to two apartment complexes, the arbitrator awarded the Firm’s client more than $3,000,000. The insurance company had previously denied the claim and refused payment.
- $2.2+ Million – John Doe v. ABC Insurance Company. Assisted an East TN homeowner settle an insurance dispute for more than $2.2 million.
- $1.7+ Million – Condo Complex v. Middlesex Ins. Co. (2013). In this case, the Firm assisted a condominium complex in defending an appraisal award after three fire losses, and ultimately obtained the client a settlement for a supplemental payment of more than $1.7 million.
- $1.6+ Million – ABC Condo Association v. QBE Ins. Co. (CAU) (2016). Represented condominium association in claim for hail and wind damage after the insurance company initially valued the damage to the property at approximately $150,000. The claim ultimately was resolved at a total value of $1,785,000, an increase of more than $1.6 million.
- $750,000+ – John Doe v. CAU Insurance (2016). Represented a condominium HOA and assisted in recovering more than $750,000 after damage to the community’s roofs.
Please note: To comply with all binding agreements and protect our clients’ privacy, the pseudonyms “John Doe,” “ABC Insurance Company,” and “XYZ Insurance Agent” have been used in lieu of real names.
Working with a Mississippi insurance dispute attorney
At the Gilbert Firm, we know you pay your insurance premiums. You relied on an agent to obtain proper coverage. You expect your insurer to uphold their end of the bargain. We understand how frustrating and stressful it can be when an insurance company fails to perform their duties. Financial hardship is often devastating to families and businesses.
The mission of your Mississippi insurance dispute attorney is to resolve your insurance dispute in a fast and fair manner. We want you to get every penny you deserve, without delay. We are professional, responsive, and highly knowledgeable, and you can trust Brandon McWherter to guide you through the process disputing a denial or underpayment of an insurance claim in Mississippi. We work to get you big law firm results while providing small firm service.
Contact us to speak to an experienced Mississippi insurance dispute lawyer
With an office conveniently located in Jackson, the Gilbert Firm serves clients across Mississippi. We work with commercial and residential clients in a variety of insurance dispute cases, from condominium claims to claims involving churches and nonprofits. Our wide range of knowledge and our dedication to the law makes us ideal advocates. Schedule a consultation today by calling 888-275-8182 or completing our contact form.